What will I benefit from Pilates?
Pilates is certainly popular with dancers, gymnasts and athletes but it is equally suitable for most men and women, from 12 to 100 and on!
It is particularly suitable for...
- The middle-aged and elderly
- The desk-bound and inactive
- Pregnancy: Pre and post natal
- Those needing Pre- and post-operation strengthening
- Those referred by their doctor, physio, osteopath, chiropractor or other practitioner
- Children over the age of 12yrs
And is beneficial for:
- General fitness and body awareness
- A stronger and healthier back
- Injury prevention
- Remedial and rehabilitation work
- Back pain, back-ache and other back problems
- Scoliosis/curvature of the spine
- Neck and shoulder pains or associated problems
- Injuries: sports injuries and others
And will help to:
- Increase and create a balance between strength and flexibility
- Create an awareness of and strengthen dynamic stability
- Improve coordination
- Release stress and create a sense of calm and well-being
- Improve posture
- Improve concentration
- Precise structural alignment to promote muscle efficiency
- Reduce chronic muscle tension, joint strain and stress.